WE HAVE OBTAINED SA8000 CERTIFICATION
We sought to confirm our commitment by obtaining Social Responsibility certification in compliance with the Standard SA8000:2014®.
The aim of SA8000:2014 is to offer a standard based on international human rights law and national labour laws, which protect all personnel of a company, as well as its suppliers.
WHAT IS THE SA8000 STANDARD
The SA8000:2014 standard is divided into nine basic requirements (performance and management) which refer to just as many fields of application: health and safety, working hours, child labour, forced labour, discrimination, freedom of association and collective bargaining, remuneration, disciplinary practices, and management systems.
The Standard requires the organisation to recognise the importance of internal dialogue and transparency, to ensure that all workers have the right of representation to discuss the issues covered by SA8000 with management.
WHY DID WE WANT THIS CERTIFICATION?
The main reasons driving us to implement the SA800:2014 standard:
- to create awareness regarding the company’s Social Responsibility Policy and the real commitments made in compliance with the SA8000 standard to all our Stakeholders, Client Companies, and Social Organisations;
- to provide Management with a useful tool for internal reviews of the Social Responsibility Policy and with which to verify that company objectives have been effectively achieved;
- to provide objective evidence of respect for the human rights of workers;
- to facilitate relations with the Bodies responsible for auditing compliance with obligations regarding staff management;
- to control the correctness of our suppliers’ social behaviour;
- we wish to afford increasing attention to workers’ problems and involve them as much as possible.
AN ONGOING COMMITMENT TO QUALITY AND INCLUSION
SA8000 certification represents a guarantee of our ethical operation towards all our stakeholders, with a commitment to raise the standards indicated by the SAI.
Our choices have always been focused on quality, understood not only as an offer and relations with customers, but also the cornerstone of our company policy, forever attentive to ethics and working conditions.